Here are 7 more ideas to consider if you’re looking to raise cash.
- Host a James Bond roulette/baccarat/blackjack gambling night. Ticket proceeds and all excess chip donations go to the cemetery. The person who wins the most money gets a special prize.
- Throw a Carnival-themed masked ball at the local museum and if possible, include a silent auction. (Want more ideas? Check out what Seattle did in 2014).
- Offer candlelight ghost/history tours of the cemetery (here’s a list of places doing this).
- Put on a chess tournament (something for all ages).
- Got heritage plants in the cemetery like they do in Sacramento? Sell clippings to local and regional gardeners.
- Put on a local talent recital show or play like Death of a Salesman or Arsenic and Old Lace.
- Offer donation-themed bird walks. Yes, you read it correctly. Check out what they’re doing in Lynchburg, VA and in Denver, CO.