Just in time for Halloween, here’s a link to a CNN article about 10 of the most scenic cemeteries in the world. Enjoy!
Category Archives: General
Many of you have read my earlier posts on the Newcastle coal miner’s cemetery located just outside of Seattle. Here’s a link to a news video highlighting the site and the $9,500 grant given to help clean and restore the broken headstones. Congratulations, Newcastle!
How cool is this for ending up a week of hard work?
Joan Reginaldo, the sassy and fabulous author of Work in Progress, decided I needed a Liebster Award nomination. And no, it has nothing to do with the fact that I also live in the Bay Area. Although I would like to point out creativity does runs high here, what with all the entrepreneurs/geeks/engineers in the area.
So what’s a Liebster Award?
A Liebster is a nod from fellow bloggers (thanks, Joan!) that they like something you’re doing. It’s also a way of spreading the word about up and coming blogs and bloggers. Does it get any better than getting a pat on the back from your peers?
No, it does not.
- Post a Liebster Award image on your blog. There are several varieties. Google them and find the one you like the most.
- List 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the person/people who nominated you.
- Make up 11 questions for those to be nominated.
- Nominate 11 people to receive the award. They should have fewer than 200 followers on their blog.
- If you’re nominated, your name and/or link will appear at the bottom of this post. Just follow the same format and voila! you’re a recipient
So without further ado, Part I: 11 random facts about me.
- I think cemeteries are the best place for finding good mystery plots – no pun intended.
- I adore well done hash browns.
- I’m a Peets coffee fan.
- However, I do drink Yorkshire Gold English tea, but just in the mornings. Afternoons are reserved for Glengettie Welsh tea.
- Funkiest place I’ve ever visited: St. Gegard Monastery in Armenia.
- Favorite city: London.
- Writing office = modern, sleek, and with NO mess.
- I currently have two monitors and wish I had room for a third. One to display my draft, one to display the revision draft I’m currently reworking, and one for google research.
- Cat or dog? Right now, a cat that thinks he’s a dog
- Best editing project ever done: Editing music lyrics for Delusion Squared albums I and II.
- Best part about writing? Listening to people tell their stories.
Part II: 11 questions from Joan:
- What makes you cry? Sad movies like The Ghost and Mrs. Muir.
- What is your deepest fear - a fear you haven’t told anyone because you don’t want to appear foolish? Not being taken seriously in my work.
- Han or Luke? Luke’s an immature twit and Han’s an egotistical chauvinist so I gotta go with Chewy.
- How do you deal with criticism? Pretty good, actually. I try to take the useful while discarding the useless.
- What’s the best suggestion you have for new writers? Keep learning but also take a few things with a grain of salt.
- Plotter or Pantser? Planster.
- What short story has influenced your life (not necessarily writing life) the most? I can’t think of a short story but definitely, Women Who Run With the Wolves made quite an impact. The book is so marked up and dog-eared it’s almost unbelievable. And guys, don’t let the title scare you – it’s quite good.
- What current world event has made you disappointed in humanity? The brutal gang rape in India. And now the defendants are pleading not guilty.
- What current world event has made your proud of humanity? Too many to choose from. Here’s a list.
- Which of your bad writing habits do you wish you could break? Procrastination! Takes me too long to get started.
- What do you like best about your current project? My novel where I solve the mystery of a pit full of bones belonging to several young girls who died almost 100 years ago.
Part III: My 11 questions to my nominees:
- Cat or dog?
- Most remote place in the world you’ve ever been?
- Hardest thing about your job?
- Best thing about your job?
- What’s the one job you’d never like to do?
- What gives you peace?
- What makes you angry?
- What’s your favorite swear word?
- Carnivore or vegetarian?
- What’s one thing you regret not doing with your life?
- What are you doing about it?
Part IV: My nominees (Most of my faves already have tons of followers but I’m determined to find some more treasures out there).
Sabine Ludwig – world traveler extraordinaire
Issa Mas – single mom and smartass writer extraordinaire
I can’t believe it’s only been a year since I decided to stop posting. There have been some great questions and helpful comments–keep ‘em coming!
I’m so glad I decided to keep the blog live because I had no idea how useful it was. Many thanks to all my 16,000 + visitors in 2011 and yes, I will be around to answer questions if you have them.
And who knows? I might even get inspired to start posting again.
Happy New Year!